Statement of Purpose
The purpose of Women's Ministries is to:
- Reach women through the transforming power and love of Jesus Christ
- Disciple women to follow Christ's example
- Build wholeness and balance, both spiritually and mentally, through consistent prayer and study of God's Word
- Providing anatmosphere for women to develop their gifts, abilities
- Build lasting relationships
- Train women to find their places of ministry to effectively touch their world for Christ
- Women’s Ministries Day: Celebrating Women in May
- Annual Car Wash: Summer or Fall
- Joy Fellowship: Fall Luncheon
- Women’s Ministries Boutique Assignment: Missionary Gift Raising. Donations are presented at the Mt. Hermon Retreat.
- Mt. Hermon Retreat: October
- Christmas Luncheon: December
”The vitality of Women’s Ministries is at the local Women’s Ministries level. Here women are directly involved in ministering to other women and helping every woman find a personal place of ministry” (Women’s Ministries, Assembly of God).
“(A) goal of Women’s Ministries is to minister to every woman according to her need through prayer groups, Bible studies, and a variety of Ministry Groups in the local church” (Women’s Ministries, Assembly of God).
“Missions has been the purpose of Women’s Ministries since its beginning. Through the local church women can be involved in missionary outreach” (Women’s Ministries, Assembly of God).
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God” (Philippians 4:6).
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).
“A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies” (Proverbs 31:10).
Resources and Information
Celebrating Jesus: 10 Ways to Refocus the Season
Consider these suggestions to put Jesus back into the spotlight this Christmas.
The scent of authenticity: It’s not just about the tree
Authentic Christianity has a "fragrance" about it.
12 Tips for Teaching Thankfulness
Biblical thankfulness shouldn't be limited to a season.
Thanksgiving: The Forgotten Holiday
If it seems that Thanksgiving gets lost between Halloween and Christmas, here are some tips to redirect your family toward gratitude.
When planning your women's meetings, consider using these theme resources!